I'm feeling: artistic
1. Post the rules
2. Answer each question truthfully
3. Tag 3-5 people at the end
1. What was your first cosplay? (Think hard on this)
My first "proper" cosplay was San from Mononoke Hime and Temari from Naruto's first outfit. They were made at the same time for the London Expo October 2005. But for Halloween in 2004 I made a Shampoo from Ranma 1/2 cosplay. I don't really count this as it was bad looking (made in a day or so XD), and it was worn only for a night with friends. I'll probably remake it someday as I like Shampoo XD
2. Did someone get you into cosplay? Or on your own?
I managed that on my own XD I've always been interested in costumes, and when I got into manga and anime and saw the fantastic costume designs... Well, there was no turning back.. I went to my first London Expo SOLELY because there was supposed to be cosplays there XD
3. What is your favourite cosplay?
My Shippuuden Temari. Atm she is the only cosplay I'm really happy with. After having spent a long time working on her AFTER having used her at a con, I'm no finally happy with her and can't find anything that needs to be improved.. ^_^'
4. Which is your least favourite?
Hmm... I think that will have to be Temari's 1st outfit. The white one.. I just never managed to get it right.. >.<
5. At conventions, do people compliment you on your cosplays? (Unless you're a closet cosplayer you can skip this one)
Yeah, I get compliments, and they really make my day! Makes me soooo happy :D
6. How many have you done?
Hmm... *wonders what to include* Ok, skipping other costumes I've done and only counting the ones I've done recent years: a hobbit - Lord of the Rings, San - Mononoke Hime, Temari 1st outfit - Naruto, Temari 3rd outfit - Shippuuden Naruto, Amane Misa - Death Note, Nanasawa Kimiko - MegaTokyo, Saria - Legend of Zelda, Black Rose - .Hack//, Amelia Lydia II - Original character, Aurora Ebeltoft (almost complete) - Original Steampunk character. I don't *really* count the two last ones as cosplays, but oh well :p That makes a grand total of... 10.. I feel I need to work harder XD
7. What are the top 5 on your list of "Want to Cosplay"?
Oh wow.. Hard question as I haven't really found many dream cosplays yet.. But from the top of my head:
1. Rutela the Zora Queen - Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (if that fails: Ruto from Ocarina of Time )
2. Midna, imp form - Twilight Princess
3. Astaroshe Aslan, artbook version - Trinity Blood (my next big project)
4. one of the female characters from Fire Emblem. But there are so many pretty character designs, so I haven't really made up my mind as to who yet...
5. Midna, human form - Twilight Princess
Boo! I want a longer list! There are so many I want to cosplay! XD
8. What female cosplay do you want to do most?
Queen Rutela. I have never seen her cosplayed before. And she's so pretty!
9. What male cosplay do you want to do most?
Hmm.. For some reason I haven't thought of any crossplays yet, simply because there have always been so many female characters catching my attention.... Oh! LIES! I just remembered I REALLY want to cosplay the male versions of the Black Mages and Thieves in Final Fantasy - Crystal Chronicles games ^_^
10. What do you prefer to do, make or buy your costumes?
I make them. Even my first costume was home made XD I just love the process of making a costume, you learn so much!And I have to admit; when people compliment me for a cotume I've made myself.. That makes me proud ;P
11. Your most memorable experience? What makes it so memorable?
Hmm... Oh! At an October Expo in 2006, I was wearing my Temari 1st version cosplay when this girl who couldn't speak approached me. I can't use sign language, but she made it pretty clear she wanted a picture of me. Just as she had taken it her mom or guardian person came and told her to get next to me so we could be together in the picture. When I gave her my fan so she could pose with it on the picture she actually got so happy she got tears in her eyes! o.O When they left her mum told me that Temari was her favourite character of all time, and she had been stalking me for a while, but been too shy to ask for a picture ^_^ It felt so good having been a part of making someone so happy =)
12. Your dream cosplay?
I actually don't know... There are many cosplays I want to make, but the ones that are currently on my list I think I'll actually be capable of doing. I'm looking for one though! A cool cosplay that have that Wow-ness to it ^_^
13. Is there a pattern in your cosplays? If so, what? (Things like they have a certain personality, or hair colour)
I've been trying to think of something, but it seems like I've cosplayed/want to cosplay all kinds of characters XD Though recently I've been hooked on games charaters.
14. Your most recent cosplay?
Black Rose from .Hack// and Saria from Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time from Amecon 08.
15. What do you prefer? Cosplaying in a group or on your own?
Either is good, I like standing out and be the only one from a game or series. But I prefer being a part of a group as you can get some really good pictures from that, as well as it easier to start talking to someone with a cosplay from the same source as me ^_^
NOW TAG SOME PEOPLE!
I tag cosplayers out there who hasn't already done this ^_^